A very peculiar Icelandic Saga

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Luigi

Re: A very peculiar Icelandic Saga

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Masato wrote:You think there's any truth to tales of an Aryan Atlantis-descended peoples who colonized shit way before academic history will admit?

What were the Anhernerbe all hyped about? was it all nonsense then or what?

Or is anything of this ilk even relevant anymore?

Its relevant just drastically revised to be more realistic. The Aryans, have been given the PC name Indo-Europeans, and their homeland was in Russia, not Atlantis or anything like that. Back then a Baltic homeland was considered most likely, but scholars have ruled that out.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Yet there are so many tales and myths and legends about fair blue-eyed people coming to lands long ago... the Inca and Mayans, tribes in New Zealand, Tibetans, ancient Indian texts... mummies in Egypt and other places etc with red hair

I just watched some of those vids Canuckster posted in the Documentary thread, some interesting theories

Atlantis tales never cease to capture my attention/imagination

The Nazis were crazy for that shit, no? Did they have more evidence that may have been seized/destroyed? Or did they just go tinfoil on some wacky ideas from unsubstantiated writers like Steiner etc?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Did who do what? Did Nazis go Steiner?

Everyone wants to preserve their language, culture and race. That's not always going to happen, but everyone wants it.

In Hong Kong right now, we are slowly seeing Hong Kong absorb back into China and Cantonese slowly being marginalized for the National language, Putonghua (Mandarin). There are a lot of people that are really upset about it, but it's going to happen. China wants a unified country with a global language.

White guys aren't the Gods they used to be so much anymore either. When I first moved here, holy shit were we put upon a pedestal. I appreciated it, but It was kind of weird.

Nowadays, everyone has much better English and Mandarin, and the kids are not so into Cantonese anymore. The majority of children start in EMI (English as Medium of Instruction) or MMI (Mandarin as Medium of Instruction) schools. No one wants their kid starting in a Cantonese first language school anymore.

It's kind of fascinating living here during this time and watching it happen. I admire the Chinese ability for long term planning. Generational planning. It is to be respected. I think this will go off without too many hitches.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Masato wrote:Yet there are so many tales and myths and legends about fair blue-eyed people coming to lands long ago... the Inca and Mayans, tribes in New Zealand, Tibetans, ancient Indian texts... mummies in Egypt and other places etc with red hair

I just watched some of those vids Canuckster posted in the Documentary thread, some interesting theories

Atlantis tales never cease to capture my attention/imagination

The Nazis were crazy for that shit, no? Did they have more evidence that may have been seized/destroyed? Or did they just go tinfoil on some wacky ideas from unsubstantiated writers like Steiner etc?

Vikings were chilling in coastal eastern North America well over 1000 years ago so Incans and Mayans might have had contact. Tibetans bordered the Tocharians(descendants of Aryans), Indians having those myths fits perfectly with our understanding of the spread, Egyptians with red hair is weird but Middle Eastern people are not so far off of Europeans and have intermarried with Greeks, Italics, Anatolians, etc since prehistory. I saw a few red haired Arabs when I lived there. Mostly young children whose hair gets darker as they age. Also the west Europeans patrilineal genetic haplogroup associated with red hair is unusually high in Egypt(like 11% I think). Thats probably just from a combination of genetic drift and the founder effect but shows pretty clearly that there was some genetic flow.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Where did you live where you saw red-haired arabs?

Luigi always a deeper source for info than he lets on, lol

The dude in Canuckster's vids seems of the opinion that 'mainstream academia' scoffs at any such concept but maybe its not so cut and dry anymore?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm

I like being on as the same time as you. Very cool. What is it, 1pm there? Almost 3am here.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:04 am

I lived in Jordan.

I didn't watch that particular video but I can tell you that everything I have stated in this thread is either a known fact or favored by the majority among scholars. The conservative/skeptic academics who do the scoffing have plenty of fun stories to tell, you just have to dig through the mundane to find them.

Right now its 9pm here (EST).

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:21 am

Masato wrote:Where did you live where you saw red-haired arabs?

Luigi always a deeper source for info than he lets on, lol

The dude in Canuckster's vids seems of the opinion that 'mainstream academia' scoffs at any such concept but maybe its not so cut and dry anymore?

That trait is fairly common among Syrians and Northern Iraqis, especially among the Christians and the semi Islamic Shia sects like the Druzes and especially the Alawi. But then, they aren't really Arabs. Most of them are the descendants of the Arameans. And even the old Arameans were a mixed lot having assimilated the Hittite, Assyrian, Babylonian, Phoenician (mostly later Arabized) and even the Cappadocian populations (later Hellenized and finally mostly Turkified) in the Syriac Christian era and really even prior to the Syrian Oriental age beginning in the Late Assyrian Empire.

This must have happened due to the advent of the Aramaic papyrus script and the resulting spread of the Aramaic language from it's geographical Syria homeland into Iraq, Central Anatolia and the Levant.The Hittites and the Cappadocians were Indo European peoples and after their Aramaicization became known as the 'White Syrians', as opposed to the 'Black Syrians'. The term 'Syrian' was probably first used by the Greeks as a name for the Arameans do to the spread of the Aramaic language into the Upper Iraq homeland of the Assyrians and the consequent inability of the Greeks to differentiate between the Assyrians and the Arameans; 'Syrian' being a Greek corruption of 'Assyrian'.

I used to correspond with an Assyrian cleric during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Father Gabriel. He has a red beard.
el rey del mambo

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:32 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:This must have happened due to the advent of the Aramaic papyrus script and the resulting spread of the Aramaic language from it's geographical Syria homeland into Iraq, Central Anatolia and the Levant.

I thinks its more so just that Syria sits at the confluence of many different geographic regions. I wonder how much the spread of Aramaic was simply the utility, and how much of it was that the Assyrians were deporting them all over the place. I always think of what a shame it is that the Aramaic animal skin texts don't survive to tell us more.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:39 am

Luigi wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:This must have happened due to the advent of the Aramaic papyrus script and the resulting spread of the Aramaic language from it's geographical Syria homeland into Iraq, Central Anatolia and the Levant.

I thinks its more so just that Syria sits at the confluence of many different geographic regions. I wonder how much the spread of Aramaic was simply the utility, and how much of it was that the Assyrians were deporting them all over the place. I always think of what a shame it is that the Aramaic animal skin texts don't survive to tell us more.

Well the captivities certainly had a lot to do with it's spread. Assyria was so swamped by Aramaic speakers that in it's final years practically nobody but Assurite priests and military nobles/soldiers were speaking Akkadian as a first language anymore. I believe Assyria was perhaps the first grand scale experiment in multiculturalism and we can learn a great deal from their experience today.

*Of course we're an exceptional society upon whom the normal lessons do not apply. History has very little to teach us ;)
el rey del mambo

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”