American English is Changing Fast

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: American English is Changing Fast

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:27 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:I was riding the skytrain years ago and two white kids got on wearing the costumes and speaking ebonics and these Australian tourists sitting behind me, I think they were a little drunk, started laughing their asses off and saying "their speaking creole". I don't think they had encountered this phenomenon back home. They just couldn't stop laughing, it was contagious and pretty soon everyone except the two boobs were smiling and chuckling right along with them.

Fuck no man we have wiggers galore, so not only do they drop ebonics they adopt a north american accent lol

9/10 they get bashed, not joking they get put on their asses for that shit

Non whites do it and get away with it tho which is a shame.

Hey Trisco Merrywell Castro youre a fucking flip not african american FFS

This just serves to underscore the fact that it's an American world. The rest of us are just living in it.

For me the worst part is what's happened to music internationally, that's been a real tragedy.

Well it stands to reason, America is the largest English speaking population by a long shot.

Plus the other English speaking nations are talent less as fuck, have you ever watched British or Australian television? ever heard us sing?

Australia's greatest national anthem

vs

The irony given this topic is that to produce super talented pop artists you need a healthy dose of west african bantu hyrbids and jews.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:44 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Fuck no man we have wiggers galore, so not only do they drop ebonics they adopt a north american accent lol

9/10 they get bashed, not joking they get put on their asses for that shit

Non whites do it and get away with it tho which is a shame.

Hey Trisco Merrywell Castro youre a fucking flip not african american FFS

This just serves to underscore the fact that it's an American world. The rest of us are just living in it.

For me the worst part is what's happened to music internationally, that's been a real tragedy.

Well it stands to reason, America is the largest English speaking population by a long shot.

Plus the other English speaking nations are talent less as fuck, have you ever watched British or Australian television? ever heard us sing?

Australia's greatest national anthem

vs

The irony given this topic is that to produce super talented pop artists you need a healthy dose of west african bantu hyrbids and jews.

I wasn't just talking about the Anglo countries Vutu, they're well on their way toward creating a generic world culture and much of the damage to the ethnic music of the world has already happened. And American tv is unwatchable, in my tv watching days I always preferred British television but I have little doubt it's been ruined by now.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 am

The good old days:

Variety is the spice of life. Just sayin".
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:00 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
I wasn't just talking about the Anglo countries Vutu, they're well on their way toward creating a generic world culture and much of the damage the ethnic music of the world has already happened. And American tv is unwatchable, in my tv watching days I always preferred British television but I have little doubt it's been ruined by now.

Yeah well I think its a given being the only developed nation in the top 3 most populated countries on earth

I wonder if the greeks viewed roman culture in a similar light to the Brits et al anglo nations who hate American culture today?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
I wasn't just talking about the Anglo countries Vutu, they're well on their way toward creating a generic world culture and much of the damage the ethnic music of the world has already happened. And American tv is unwatchable, in my tv watching days I always preferred British television but I have little doubt it's been ruined by now.

Yeah well I think its a given being the only developed nation in the top 3 most populated countries on earth

I wonder if the greeks viewed roman culture in a similar light to the Brits et al anglo nations who hate American culture today?

That's an interesting question Vutu. They absolutely did.

It's funny you know, you used to be able to tell whether a Latin American country had been occupied by the USA by whether or not they played baseball. Today the influence is so pervasive with the changes in media that you don't really need to look for clues like that anymore. It hasn't always been a bad thing either, some really interesting jazz was produced in Brazil back when, but that was from a place of respect, not conquest.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:

It's funny you know, you used to be able to tell whether a Latin American country had been occupied by the USA by whether or not they played baseball. Today the influence is so pervasive with the changes in media that you don't really need to look for clues like that anymore. It hasn't always been a bad thing either, some really interesting jazz was produced in Brazil back when, but that was from a place of respect, not conquest.

Check this out

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-third-century-china-thought-about-the-roman-1253007513

Agree that it wasnt always a bad thing, Australia for example was always way too laid back to compete globally until US culture really took off here in the 90's. Since then there's a certain element of swagger people carry themselves with here.

That said Australia went to war 3 days after WW2 broke out while the yanks bitched the fuck out

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am

Sorry, I don't know how I managed to veer away from the topic at hand in my own thread, English, but I guess I managed!
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:33 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Check this out

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-third-century-china-thought-about-the-roman-1253007513

Agree that it wasnt always a bad thing, Australia for example was always way too laid back to compete globally until US culture really took off here in the 90's. Since then there's a certain element of swagger people carry themselves with here.

That said Australia went to war 3 days after WW2 broke out while the yanks bitched the fuck out

Some observations on Egypt and Byzantium as well. Interesting.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:

Check this out

By them or on them? care to share ?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Check this out

By them or on them? care to share ?

Right there. I haven't followed the link yet.

"It is west of Anxi (Parthia) and Tiaozhi (Characene and Susiana), and west of the Great Sea.

From the city of Angu (Gerrha), on the frontier of Anxi (Parthia), you take a boat and cut directly across to Haixi (‘West of the Sea’ = Egypt). With favourable winds it takes two months; if the winds are slow, perhaps a year; if there is no wind, perhaps three years.

The country (that you reach) is west of the sea (haixi), which is why it is called Haixi (literally: ‘West of the Sea’ = Egypt). There is a river (the Nile) flowing out of the west of this country, and then there is another great sea (the Mediterranean). The city of (Wu) Chisan (Alexandria) is in Haixi (Egypt).

From below this country you go north to reach the city of Wudan (Tanis?). You (then) head southwest and cross a river (the Sebannitus branch of the Nile?) by boat, which takes a day. You head southwest again, and again cross a river (the Canopis branch of the Nile?) by boat, which takes another day. There are, in all, three major cities [that you come to].

Now, if you leave the city of Angu (Gerrha) by the overland route, you go north to Haibei (‘North of the Sea’ – the lands between Babylonia and Jordan), then west to Haixi (Egypt), then turn south to go through the city of Wuchisan (Alexandria). After crossing a river, which takes a day by boat, you circle around the coast (to the region of Apollonia, the port of Cyrene). (From there, i.e. the region of Apollonia) six days is generally enough to cross the (second) great sea (the Mediterranean) to reach that country (Da Qin = Rome)."
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”