A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Winnson

Re: American English is Changing Fast

Postby Winnson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:- This is a thread for Luigi.

Actually, would be cool if the regular people talked with Mid-Atlantic English.

That is definitely one nicest ones. The Nebraska accent has always been considered the most neutral one. I don't know if it's still the case but radio and television newscasters were traditionally recruited from there for this reason.

- I`ve read that some actor school`s used to teach this style and people would find more jobs easy.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 pm

In promulgating your esoteric cogitations and articulating your superficial and psychological sentimentalities, beware of platitudinous ponderosity.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and your unpremeditated explications have an intelligibility and vivacious veracity without rudimentary or phrasmical bombast.

Sedulously avoid all polysyllable profundity, facetious vacuity and ventriloqual verbosity, observant or otherwise.

IN OTHER WORDS: Speak plainly, briefly, sensibly, naturally, say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't use big words!

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm

In what is to me a fascinating development, it seems that the Southern United States African American Plantation Creole dialect has apparently jumped the northern border into Toronto Canada. Check out this interview with Toronto born and raised basketballer Cory Joseph. Note the contrast between the standard Canadian accent of the hosts and the ebonics of Joseph:

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:- This is a thread for Luigi.

Actually, would be cool if the regular people talked with Mid-Atlantic English.

That is definitely one nicest ones. The Nebraska accent has always been considered the most neutral one. I don't know if it's still the case but radio and television newscasters were traditionally recruited from there for this reason.

- I`ve read that some actor school`s used to teach this style and people would find more jobs easy.

Former talk show host Johnny Carson was from Nebraska and his accent had no real discernible characteristics to mark it regionally. He sounded like he could have been from anywhere.
el rey del mambo

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:In what is to me a fascinating development, it seems that the Southern United States African American Plantation Creole dialect has apparently jumped the northern border into Toronto Canada. Check out this interview with Toronto born and raised basketballer Cory Joseph. Note the contrast between the standard Canadian accent of the hosts and the ebonics of Joseph:

Remove the Creole part and I agree. :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:08 pm

LOL I knew these 2 blokes from Pickering once, was very funny

They were both white as white... one of them even had red hair artificially made into dreadlocks. They were fully on board the hip-hop bandwagon and were dressing and talking and hand-gesturing like they were all gangsta, etc. From PICKERING, lolol

I couldn't stand it after a while, they kept using slang I didn't understand and I eventually called them out on it asking why they talk like that

sometimes I wonder if a lot of that accent is forced by even black folk. Must be tiring to have to keep putting on an act all the time.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am

I was riding the skytrain years ago and two white kids got on wearing the costumes and speaking ebonics and these Australian tourists sitting behind me, I think they were a little drunk, started laughing their asses off and saying "they're speaking creole". I don't think they had encountered this phenomenon back home. They just couldn't stop laughing, it was contagious and pretty soon everyone except the two boobs were smiling and chuckling right along with them.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:I was riding the skytrain years ago and two white kids got on wearing the costumes and speaking ebonics and these Australian tourists sitting behind me, I think they were a little drunk, started laughing their asses off and saying "their speaking creole". I don't think they had encountered this phenomenon back home. They just couldn't stop laughing, it was contagious and pretty soon everyone except the two boobs were smiling and chuckling right along with them.

Fuck no man we have wiggers galore, so not only do they drop ebonics they adopt a north american accent lol

9/10 they get bashed, not joking they get put on their asses for that shit

Non whites do it and get away with it tho which is a shame.

Hey Trisco Merrywell Castro youre a fucking flip not african american FFS

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:I was riding the skytrain years ago and two white kids got on wearing the costumes and speaking ebonics and these Australian tourists sitting behind me, I think they were a little drunk, started laughing their asses off and saying "their speaking creole". I don't think they had encountered this phenomenon back home. They just couldn't stop laughing, it was contagious and pretty soon everyone except the two boobs were smiling and chuckling right along with them.

Fuck no man we have wiggers galore, so not only do they drop ebonics they adopt a north american accent lol

9/10 they get bashed, not joking they get put on their asses for that shit

Non whites do it and get away with it tho which is a shame.

Hey Trisco Merrywell Castro youre a fucking flip not african american FFS

This just serves to underscore the fact that it's an American world. The rest of us are just living in it.

For me the worst part is what's happened to music internationally, that's been a real tragedy.
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”