Any Chess players here?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Winnson

Re: Any Chess players here?

Postby Winnson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Watching the very first video in this thread now.

Bobby Fischer was a fascinating dude. Weaponized Autism at its finest!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:22 pm

OK I got sidetracked and didn't watch it after that screencap, but it's on my to do list!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Almost an hour in. Fischer was a savant before they were called autists. Fantastic documentary. I like the old feel of it. They just don't do propaganda right anymore.

Back in the day, one of my local cable channels had a chess show and you could call in what you thought the next move would be. You'd say shit like 'Knight's Bishop to King four' and they'd post it up on the board and talk about it.

Me and my buddies would get together, get super fucking stoned, watch it, and try to call in legal moves. It was a blast.

Knight's rook to queen four!
-I'm sorry that's not a legal move.

Ok! Bishop's rook to pawn five, possible check in two.
-Goodbye sir, click.

And then the next guy grabs the phone. LULZ for days.

It might not sound like the most awesome thing ever, but I'm laughing my balls off just typing this out and remembering it.

Calling in possible moves on the local cable chess show is a motherfucking howl, with enough weed!

We had 3 hits that I recall they put up on the board, but I wasn't there every time the show was on. We might have had 5 before they automatically started hanging up on us. Kek

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm

I never got a call in move right myself, but always said some of the funniest shit. Man that was good times. I'm still laughing my balls off.

I remember one time calling in some silly move, and right after the guy on the other end of the line said 'Sir, do you even play chess?' I told him yes, but in my game we use dinosaurs.

He immediately hung up.

Chess without dinosaurs is like toast without marbles. I mean seriously. Can we evolve please?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Gee I wonder why Bobby hated the Jews with a passion?

Funny that.

Props to the guy. He lived life on his own terms and went out when he wanted. He didn't outlive his body or brain.

Checkmate

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Winnson wrote:Back in the day, one of my local cable channels had a chess show and you could call in what you thought the next move would be. You'd say shit like 'Knight's Bishop to King four' and they'd post it up on the board and talk about it.

Me and my buddies would get together, get super fucking stoned, watch it, and try to call in legal moves. It was a blast.

Knight's rook to queen four!
-I'm sorry that's not a legal move.

Ok! Bishop's rook to pawn five, possible check in two.
-Goodbye sir, click.

And then the next guy grabs the phone. LULZ for days.

It might not sound like the most awesome thing ever, but I'm laughing my balls off just typing this out and remembering it.

Calling in possible moves on the local cable chess show is a motherfucking howl, with enough weed!

We had 3 hits that I recall they put up on the board, but I wasn't there every time the show was on. We might have had 5 before they automatically started hanging up on us. Kek

^^^LOLOLOLOL

Literally I am in tears that is hilarious. Man I wish there were recordings of that shit, that is why you are Gold, Winnson lolol

I am also just past 1 hour in and am utterly fascinated. GREAT documentary, amazingly written and paced.

This is more than a chess doc, this is political intrigue cold war shit. Kissenger himself actually comments in the doc, tells stories of how he personally told Fischer to go to Russia for political purposes, its crazy

I'm just at the part now where Fischer becomes a conspiracy theorist! :D :D :D

Talkin about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Illuminati, putting tinfoil on his fuckin windows, lolol

Fischer was smart, who knows maybe he was right about things :D

Awesome doc, diving back in now for the finish

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Just finished (1st vid, 1st page of the thread). FANTASTIC

What a story.

So in his later years, this known genius starts talking about the evils of the United States, conspiracy theories and the plans of the Zionists... and everyone just calls him insane. There is a great clip near the end where he says to someone: "You don't see how fucked up the world is! -that's a form of insanity!"

It sounds to me like he may have been perfectly sane, and used his genius to start figuring out things about politics and war that the public and even his peers were not ready to listen to. Like anyone else in modern times who stumbles upon such truths it is totally normal imo to become somewhat obsessed with it and take it very seriously and suddenly feel very alone.. luckily now we have many more people to share these ideas with but in Bobby's time there was no internet, only mass-propaganda disguised as news and entertainment. Imagine his frustration! Imagine his loneliness!

It sucks because his legacy will go down as one who went mad, but in retrospect he was simply way ahead of his time, now everyone is starting to realize the evils of the world, yet he's still the crazy one, lol

WAR BOBBY FISCHER

It took George fucking Bush SR himself to try to get him, and he never got him

(or did he? :D)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

3 minutes into the 2nd video, the tone seems clear; a total slander on Fischer

They pin him as a traitor, but if you know his 'crime' you may think differently; Bush SR wanted to arrest him, put him in jail for 10 years and take millions of his prize money. His crime? PLAYING CHESS in a country where Bush Sr had declared sanctions. Did Fischer declare the sanctions? Was Fischer at war with the country? No, he just wanted to play chess. So he SPAT on Bush's orders on live TV, lol

Fischer was a hero and a voice of reason in a world without ears. Someone should do a new investigation looking into his political views and paranoia and dig deeper to see how much was in his head and how much he may have been on the money about...

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:04 am

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am

Return to “Anarchy Zone”