Megaterio Llamas

Re: What's up bitches?

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello Big Ben. Long time no see.

How is Thailand treating you?
el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 am

Keep us posted big man. Marcu misses you!

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am

- Is good to see you again.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 pm

How many pounds have you dropped?

I bet quite a few.

Isn't Thailand awesome?

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm

So from having no job offers, things have started to really pick up. I have a few options open now. At the minute chances are next semester I will be working in Korat. It's a highly rated government school. But there is a local school that is also talking about hiring me. I have told them they need to get their act together, because if I sign a contract I am going to stick to it.

Just to add some extra spice, there is a school called Assumption College (which is a chain of schools) in the south of Bangkok that have offered me an interview. They are offering serious money. But I don't want to fuck things up with a sure thing.

So things are looking up for me.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Awesome news man.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot to add that the interview I went for back in Feb was with a school full of cunts.

I got there, did my demo lesson and kicked some serious fucking arse. The woman that was hiring loved me, so what could possibly go wrong?

We start the interview section and the woman starts asking me about my weight. I was very open and explained to her I had lost a lot of weight and it was still coming down. She continued with the questions and I just thought that she was interested, as I'd told her about the surger that I've had. After 5 mins of questions I realised that something was amiss. She was asking stuff like how much weight could I lose and things like that. She said that I had been very open about it all and she appreciated that. I replied that I was always true to the person that I am, and if I didn't get a job because of who I was at least I would know why.

Blam! All of a sudden she explained why she'd been asking all the questions. As I'd made my way to do the demo class one of the directors had seen me and said that there was no way I could teach at the school. That I was too fat and it wasn't the image that they were wanting to portray. Plus, being my size how could I possibly handle young children?

I swear down I felt like my guts (of which there are plenty) had been ripped out of me. She went to say that even though she thought I was the perfect person for the job, there was no way she could go against the Director. I felt myself starting to fucking tear up, I'd never felt so humiliated in my life.

After that I kept applying for jobs and making sure to include a photo with each application as I didn't want a repeat of what had happened. Instead of that all I got was silence. I must have applied for 20 jobs and heard fuck all back apart from the odd 'thank you for your application, if we are interested we'll get back in touch'.

I don't like to come and talk about shit that is happening in my life, as I don't want to bring people down. Which is why I've waited to give an update once things have finally picked up. So I apologise for the delay with an update.

One final thing. Here is a review by a teacher about the school that I applied for.

Institute Review
A terrible bilingual school based on the outskirts of Bangkok. Run by a very nasty lady, the Thai-Chinese Assistant Director. She's truly awful. Yelling, throwing things towards teachers, you name it she's done it. I was spot observed almost daily by either the coordinators, the principal or the assistant director. I was never given advance notification instead they would walk in and start grabbing students' notebooks off their desks at random and checking them. They'd also take pictures of me and what I had written on the whiteboard, to be shared via mobile devices among coordinators and management, again on an almost daily basis - I guess this was done to intimidate me, not sure, but it didn't feel good, I felt humiliated. A very unprofessional place to be. I felt disrespected daily. The Thai teachers weren't treated any better than the foreign teachers I thought. To submit our grades we had to bring our own laptops from home as none of us were allowed inside the computer room. No internet or nice teacher rooms anywhere. Well there was one....a classroom converted into a teachers' room, suitable for 10 teachers max may be, but they had 34 teachers crammed in there. No air-conditioning! Pay was bad. 1 minute late and you're deducted 50 Baht. Absolutely terrible place to work for Sarasas Witaed Romklao.

The pros:
There aren't any.

The cons:
Truly awful management.
Slave-like work conditions.
No work permit provided.
Atrocious place to be.
Money deducted as a bond from salary.
Hostile unfriendly work environment.
Nasty foreigner-hating Thai bosses and coordinators.
No air conditioning in the classrooms.
No computers for teachers to use (teachers must bring their own).
No internet.
Maximum teaching load of 24 periods per week (some even do more which is illegal under Thai law).
Almost daily spot observations by coordinators and management.

Institution Location
Address: 124 Thanon Rom Klao, Khwaeng Khlong Sam Prawet, Khet Lat Krabang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10520
Phone: 02 360 8790

Fuck me. Talk about dodging a bullet on that one. :) :) :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm telling you, get a fedora, it will psyche everyone out lol

That is harsh to hear bro. You know what's the right way to think in these situations but for sure it must be tough at least for a while.

May that director get his own dose of self-image problems in this life or the next. I bet he got caught that very day doing something humiliating don't you doubt it lol

Keep rockin Ben, I really believe state of mind shapes reality... stay positive, be proud of yourself man its really cool what you're doing. Believe in it! Luck will follow

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Benwahwah wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot to add that the interview I went for back in Feb was with a school full of cunts.

I got there, did my demo lesson and kicked some serious fucking arse. The woman that was hiring loved me, so what could possibly go wrong?

We start the interview section and the woman starts asking me about my weight. I was very open and explained to her I had lost a lot of weight and it was still coming down. She continued with the questions and I just thought that she was interested, as I'd told her about the surger that I've had. After 5 mins of questions I realised that something was amiss. She was asking stuff like how much weight could I lose and things like that. She said that I had been very open about it all and she appreciated that. I replied that I was always true to the person that I am, and if I didn't get a job because of who I was at least I would know why.

Blam! All of a sudden she explained why she'd been asking all the questions. As I'd made my way to do the demo class one of the directors had seen me and said that there was no way I could teach at the school. That I was too fat and it wasn't the image that they were wanting to portray. Plus, being my size how could I possibly handle young children?

I swear down I felt like my guts (of which there are plenty) had been ripped out of me. She went to say that even though she thought I was the perfect person for the job, there was no way she could go against the Director. I felt myself starting to fucking tear up, I'd never felt so humiliated in my life.

After that I kept applying for jobs and making sure to include a photo with each application as I didn't want a repeat of what had happened. Instead of that all I got was silence. I must have applied for 20 jobs and heard fuck all back apart from the odd 'thank you for your application, if we are interested we'll get back in touch'.

I don't like to come and talk about shit that is happening in my life, as I don't want to bring people down. Which is why I've waited to give an update once things have finally picked up. So I apologise for the delay with an update.

One final thing. Here is a review by a teacher about the school that I applied for.

Institute Review
A terrible bilingual school based on the outskirts of Bangkok. Run by a very nasty lady, the Thai-Chinese Assistant Director. She's truly awful. Yelling, throwing things towards teachers, you name it she's done it. I was spot observed almost daily by either the coordinators, the principal or the assistant director. I was never given advance notification instead they would walk in and start grabbing students' notebooks off their desks at random and checking them. They'd also take pictures of me and what I had written on the whiteboard, to be shared via mobile devices among coordinators and management, again on an almost daily basis - I guess this was done to intimidate me, not sure, but it didn't feel good, I felt humiliated. A very unprofessional place to be. I felt disrespected daily. The Thai teachers weren't treated any better than the foreign teachers I thought. To submit our grades we had to bring our own laptops from home as none of us were allowed inside the computer room. No internet or nice teacher rooms anywhere. Well there was one....a classroom converted into a teachers' room, suitable for 10 teachers max may be, but they had 34 teachers crammed in there. No air-conditioning! Pay was bad. 1 minute late and you're deducted 50 Baht. Absolutely terrible place to work for Sarasas Witaed Romklao.

The pros:
There aren't any.

The cons:
Truly awful management.
Slave-like work conditions.
No work permit provided.
Atrocious place to be.
Money deducted as a bond from salary.
Hostile unfriendly work environment.
Nasty foreigner-hating Thai bosses and coordinators.
No air conditioning in the classrooms.
No computers for teachers to use (teachers must bring their own).
No internet.
Maximum teaching load of 24 periods per week (some even do more which is illegal under Thai law).
Almost daily spot observations by coordinators and management.

Institution Location
Address: 124 Thanon Rom Klao, Khwaeng Khlong Sam Prawet, Khet Lat Krabang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10520
Phone: 02 360 8790

Fuck me. Talk about dodging a bullet on that one. :) :) :)

Jesus titty fucking christ. Sounds like a shit place to work, but the stories will be really cool when you're older.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:00 am

haha seriously fuck working for gooks. Hey Ben at least you could lose weight and be fine there.

Imagine being black or brown and speaking English perfectly and being told no job youre too brak!

Go teach English in a civilized country like Fiji man

Return to “Anarchy Zone”