What's up bitches?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Diet Butcher

Re: What's up bitches?

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

In HK, a brak man with an african accent has a better chance of getting an Engrish teaching job over a British or North American gook who speaks perfect English. Truth.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:15 am

The last few days have been a rollercoaster. On Wednesday night I travelled to Korat to sign my contract. Everything went fine with that so I have job next year. :)

Then on Thursday night a friend who started at the same school as me said he thought we were illegals now. Initially I dismissed it as bullshit, but when he broke it down I realised he may be right. So on Friday we went to the immigration office where they confirmed we were illegals and proceeded to explain that we probably owed 19,500thb (about 560usd) for overstaying our visas. I felt sick at that point. That was pretty much all the money I had on me. Plus we would have to leave the country and then try and come back in.

They said that they needed something from the school confirming when our contracts finished. Our contracts had finished at the end of Feb, hence the big fine we were due to pay. I don't know whether it was a mistake on the schools part, or whether they did us a major solid, but they emailed immigration to say that we finished at the end of March! This meant the fine was a much more palatable 3,500thb (100usd). Once we paid the fine the immigration official said 'You leave now, today!' So we popped across the border (thank god I live in a border town) and stayed the night in Lao.

Came back this morning and got back in on a 30 day tourist visa at no extra cost. I even mitigated the cost of the Lao visa by stocking up on cigarettes that cost 50 cents a pack compared to the cheapest Thai brand which is $1.20 a pack.

So I'm legal once again. But fucking tired.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Man, what a shit show that's got to be.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm

It's a different world over here man. That just sounds like an awesome weekend at a rebate.

Right on Ben. You're cool shit.

I'm trying to get my daughter legal again in Canada right now, so she can finish high school there and live life as a Canadian.

Things are looking pretty good. I'll keep you posted. You please do the same. Thank you for getting Masato's printed book in my hands so damn quick. I still carry it around with me wherever I go. Moreso than my mobile phone. Kek.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:39 am

It's funny Winnson, I was reading your comment on the rep point you gave Canuckster saying that you're surprised I stuck this out. This has been the story of my life, people constantly seem to underestimate me. When I went to Uni, my dad told me it was the biggest mistake I would ever make, and the people at work were running a book on how long it would take for me to drop out. Of course, as time has shown they were all wrong.

One thing that people don't seem to understand about me is that I can put up with a LOT. I accept that most of the time things won't go my way and I try to adapt to each situation. This has put me in both good and bad positions. But I always seem to come through the other side. I've been lucky that my family will support me, mainly because I've supported them in the past, which has meant that staying in Thailand during this downtime is actually possible.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:16 pm

I didn't think you could handle it bro. I thought you were so wrapped up in your University little world at the time that you couldn't take backwoods Thailand.

Sick, you did it. How many pounds have you dropped since you moved to Asia?

This is the true red pill, if you get into it.

Keep making me proud son. I honestly enjoy it!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:20 pm

I thought you were a better optimist than that, Winnson...

Don't you know our thoughts influence reality? I blame you for Ben's misfortunes.

WAR BENWAHWAH!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Bro, you and my boys, and girls here all have all of my positivity all the time, always.

Even Vutu. Especially Vutu.

Fuck the police.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Ben's success is our success.

Let's all suck each others' success.

Who's down?

SLURP!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 pm

You can have mine
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”