What's up bitches?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Benwahwah

What's up bitches?

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 am

So I see from another thread Masato has been asking about me, and Som told me to get on here and give you all an update. So here I am. :D

Lately things have been slightly stressful, which has been a big factor in me not posting. I don't like to post about the negative stuff, but I figure it is less honest to only post the positive...

So at the school I'm currently at they have decided to get rid of the agency that I've been working for. The school, would be happy to hire me directly, which would be awesome for me. It means I would get paid for 11 months of the year rather than the 8 I would have been with the agency. Plus the pay would have been a bit higher monthly as well.

The problem that I have though is that my contract with the agency says that I can't sign with the school within 2 years of leaving the agency. I asked to be released from this aspect of the contract and of course the agency has said no. I've offered to give them some money to release me from this aspect of the contract and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

In the meantime I've been applying for a bunch of jobs. I'd toyed with the idea of teaching in another country, but I think there is a lot more of Thailand that I want to see. I've also decided that I want to be more connected as well. I want to be able to fuck off to the islands in the south for a long weekend and stuff like that. So I've been applying for jobs in Bangkok. Som has offered to give me a hand with this, but I want to be my own man and get my own job, so for now at least I've passed on that opportunity.

For a week or so I hadn't heard anything from anyone, which was compounding the stress. But last Friday I got invited for an interview at a school in Bangkok. It's going to be a long ass day, as I'll have to fly in and out of Bangkok on the same day. But I'm really excited.

So while the last month has been full of worry for me, things seem to be looking up. How about you guys? How is the new year treating you?

What

Postby What » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 pm

When you signed the contract with the agency, did anyone in the room have a machete and wave it around?

Have you had any cheap exotic sex with any local ladyboys?

Sorry I digress, I wanted to get to SE Asia but as I get older I have less tolerance for exotic anything. I just spent 3 weeks in Bahamas and couldnt wait to get home.....that is now one of my favorite parts of travelling, returning.

What would you say has been the steepest learning curve from living/working abroad? I found language was the greatest barrier to me when I lived in Spain, that and I was very different in both appearance and culture from the locals.

Any bouts of being homesick yet?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:23 pm

You need to look into butter pluga defineds bt auwx, Like NK : Thhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbWSExg47Yen you gwt wet D:

What

Postby What » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:41 pm

someones been drinking Pom.....

I hope you straying on the straight and narrow

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:06 pm

What wrote:When you signed the contract with the agency, did anyone in the room have a machete and wave it around?

Have you had any cheap exotic sex with any local ladyboys?

Sorry I digress, I wanted to get to SE Asia but as I get older I have less tolerance for exotic anything. I just spent 3 weeks in Bahamas and couldnt wait to get home.....that is now one of my favorite parts of travelling, returning.

What would you say has been the steepest learning curve from living/working abroad? I found language was the greatest barrier to me when I lived in Spain, that and I was very different in both appearance and culture from the locals.

Any bouts of being homesick yet?

1. With the contract it never crossed my mind that I would be put in this situation. Initially I was just going to come to Thailand for one semester and then move onto another country. Plus, when I found out the school was dropping the agency, I was all for saying fuck it and signing with the school regardless. Unfortunately the school is playing it safe as they don't want any hassle from the agency.

2. Not had any exotic sex at all yet. Let alone with ladyboys.

3. Language has probably been the most difficult aspect to conquer. In Bangkok, and Chiang Mai, it wasn't a problem at all; but when I moved to Mukdahan it was very hard for the first week. This was due to my absolute lack of Thai and the fact that most of the locals don't really speak English. It didn't help that my agency didn't tell anyone here that I had arrived. So for that week I didn't really talk with anyone at all. It was easily my lowest point while in Thailand, but I never wanted to go back to the UK. This was probably in large part due to my stubbornness.

Language here has also been very limiting in what I can order food wise. It has meant a lot of pointing. But it can be very intimidating walking into a new establishment and not being able to read what they provide. Again this wasn't an issue in Bangkok / Chiang Mai, everywhere had duel language menus.

To be honest having read back this post I realise how much I have slacked on learning Thai and how inhibiting it has been for me. I need to start putting some real effort into it.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:23 pm

All white boys do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8uZMn0K2cM Iget you aany job sure. I lspent my soucoand month with a former colonel Monk manque ;D goodn lcuk mate, sorry about wanting to stab you face.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:30 pm

It's all good Som. I don't reckon it's you that wanted to stab me in the face. I blame the Lao Khao, that stuff is evil.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Benwahwah wrote:It's all good Som. I don't reckon it's you that wanted to stab me in the face. I blame the Lao Khao, that stuff is evil.

Could be a term of endearment from him. Maybe.....

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Benwahwah wrote:

In the meantime I've been applying for a bunch of jobs. I'd toyed with the idea of teaching in another country, but I think there is a lot more of Thailand that I want to see. I've also decided that I want to be more connected as well. I want to be able to fuck off to the islands in the south for a long weekend and stuff like that. So I've been applying for jobs in Bangkok. Som has offered to give me a hand with this, but I want to be my own man and get my own job, so for now at least I've passed on that opportunity.

I think you can still be your own man if you used your connections to get a job. Som is your connection. Just sayin' :)

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:

I think you can still be your own man if you used your connections to get a job. Som is your connection. Just sayin' :)

When I said connected I meant geographically. Out here in Mukdahan it takes a long fucking time to get anywhere.

I know that using connections to get a job is legitimate, but for the whole of my life I have done just that. When I worked in the call centre it is because a friend of mine was a manager and pulled some strings for me. This time I want to embrace the challenge of being 'my own man' so to speak. If in due course I can't find anything then I will use my connections, but for the time being I want to give it a go.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”