What's up bitches?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

Re: What's up bitches?

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:24 pm

I never underestimated Big Ben myself. Those Englishmen are a plucky bunch.

Don't ever underestimate pluck. Especially pluck with size. That's a formidable combination that you just don't place limitations on.
el rey del mambo

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 pm

hes not going to have much size soon at this rate.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Smoochie

Postby Smoochie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:06 am

Sarasas Romklao is one of the worst schools to teach for. I was there for 3 months and saw some maybe 25 teachers come and go. 25!!! TWENTY FIVE…!!... in 3 months.
They could care less about anything. All they do is put another advert on ajarn.com to get someone else. And people go there. Met some South Africans there who seems to be the most eager 33K a month without a degree or 38K with a degree but they do not check. They are an awful school to work for.
They will not get you a work permit in most cases
They will change their mind, change the rules, change the contract. It is supposed to be 3 months probation. If they feel they wish to change this they will. They could care less. They will NOT do photocopying for you. To get 10 pages requires approval of the Director. They scour the Internet to see anything bad written about their school but little they can do if the server is in a another country. Sarasas has statues of Mother Mary fucking everywhere, not because I believe they believe in Christianity, I think they get tax breaks. But many schools from the old days (100 years or so ago) were started by missionaries – St. This and St. That – St Mary’s, St Stephen’s and they are trying to jump onto the band wagon saying look at what a great school we are, 100 years old, all fucking shiny and new. One Sarasas motto is “God is Great”. The ‘International Section” expect their teachers to pay for cleaning materials. And if you do the Thai teacher has to pay by herself. And will sulk around until you do. Most of what they is illegal.
It is a fucking dive. They will monitor you sometimes 3 times a week. The teachers there somehow think they walk on water, because they have survived but you have never met such a bunch of fucking useless idiots most of whom cannot teach. It is all multiple choice, and they will try and scrutinize it, but with Maths have no fucking idea what they are doing and the multiple choice answers are all wrong. It is a terrible school and if you last 3 months you are doing well. Most last less than a month, and they will just hired someone else. The students are lazy and self-entitled. The Filipinos walk around like they are gods. The boss is a fucking idiot. Forget his name but a knob of note. Ran two other Sarasas into the ground and now determined to fuck this one up too. You walk into the school and it looks quite good – and you may even sign up. The recruitment lady talks out of her arse and will land up saying that included with the holidays your salary works out to be something like 55K a month since you are paid for not working. All bullshit. They will pay you on the 30th and you get your “housing” on the 5th which is 5000, and so they have always got you by the short and curlys and if you leave will not see a fucking dime.
They cheat, they lie and they scam. Two weeks in and you will wish you never came. If you late they will take money off. Romklao road is a fucking disaster zone in the morning and you will be stuck in traffic for hours. The last thing you want to do is live near the school. You want to get as far away from the fucking place as you can. It is not a school, it is the fucking mafia. Seriously. They have no interest in education whatsoever. They could if they wanted to be – a good school with not that much extra effort but for some reason find it better to run things this way. Shame really because with a little more effort they could be good.
Hats off to anyone who managed to endure more than 3 months there. It is a fucking hell hole. If you want some experience how NOT to run a school but I guarantee you will regret it then go there.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:59 am

Damn Smoochie, don't hold back tell us how you really feel! Like I said in my post I realised I dodged a massive bullet there. I notice that they, and other Sarasas schools are constantly hiring teachers.

Here is a quick update on what has happened in the almost two years since I last reported here:

I ended up working in Korat for a full year, and the school loved me and wanted me to stay on, but I really missed Mukdahan. So I contacted my old school and they were happy to re-hire me. I have been working here for the past year and I absolutely love it. I am now teaching in the Mini English Program, and the students in this program have MUCH better English. I can actually have conversations with them.

I have also started up a Scrabble program while at the school, as while I was in Korat I found at that Scrabble (or Crossword as it is known in Thailand) is big in the school system with monthly tournaments that will have hundreds, and sometimes thousands of students attending.

I have also become the 'Foreign Teacher Co-ordinator' which means that I act as a go-between for the foreign teachers and Thai teachers. I will also be helping to hire teachers in the future as well.

All in all life is fairly good at the minute, I just hope I get my contract renewed. I can't see them not giving me a contract as I have a good rapport with both the students and teachers here.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:18 am

Benwahwah wrote:Damn Smoochie, don't hold back tell us how you really feel! Like I said in my post I realised I dodged a massive bullet there. I notice that they, and other Sarasas schools are constantly hiring teachers.

Here is a quick update on what has happened in the almost two years since I last reported here:

I ended up working in Korat for a full year, and the school loved me and wanted me to stay on, but I really missed Mukdahan. So I contacted my old school and they were happy to re-hire me. I have been working here for the past year and I absolutely love it. I am now teaching in the Mini English Program, and the students in this program have MUCH better English. I can actually have conversations with them.

I have also started up a Scrabble program while at the school, as while I was in Korat I found at that Scrabble (or Crossword as it is known in Thailand) is big in the school system with monthly tournaments that will have hundreds, and sometimes thousands of students attending.

I have also become the 'Foreign Teacher Co-ordinator' which means that I act as a go-between for the foreign teachers and Thai teachers. I will also be helping to hire teachers in the future as well.

All in all life is fairly good at the minute, I just hope I get my contract renewed. I can't see them not giving me a contract as I have a good rapport with both the students and teachers here.

MEP and regular program are miles apart. School I’m at now has kids in m1 who can’t read or write Thai, proper tards.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am

Som-Pong wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:Damn Smoochie, don't hold back tell us how you really feel! Like I said in my post I realised I dodged a massive bullet there. I notice that they, and other Sarasas schools are constantly hiring teachers.

MEP and regular program are miles apart. School I’m at now has kids in m1 who can’t read or write Thai, proper tards.

Have you met your teacher yet?

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Also, here is a video I shot yesterday of a short ride out I took.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:13 am

Benwahwah wrote:Also, here is a video I shot yesterday of a short ride out I took.

Thanks Big Ben. That was actually very therapeutic.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Return to “Anarchy Zone”