The Vent thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

The Vent thread

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 am

I thought it might be cool to have a thread where people can voice their displeasures and vent some anger/frustration/annoyance etc. I know this is generally a very positive place but ying must have some yang to balance itself and to deny the negative emotions only serves to suppress them in the depths of your mind and weaken your mental health.

I'll start things off. Iv got a ton of deadlines to meet by mid february yet I cant get myself to do any work towards those tasks. Im not sure why, its just an overall feeling of low energy and a lack of motivation. I have gone thru phases of this all my life and its really annoying.

C'est la vie I suppose.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:34 am

Luigi wrote:
I'll start things off. Iv got a ton of deadlines to meet by mid february yet I cant get myself to do any work towards those tasks. Im not sure why, its just an overall feeling of low energy and a lack of motivation. I have gone thru phases of this all my life and its really annoying.

C'est la vie I suppose.

- You got your test levels checked?
Are you exercising ?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:43 am

- Mine, i know it's stupid, but i hate the fact that a guy can come and main event Wrestlemania.
WWE got talented guys, but they simple don't let then get, Drew Mcintyre is awesome, clearly one of the most talented wrestlers i've ever see, they got Zack Ryder, a very good wrestler, with a good ring psychology, Heath Slater, Wade Barret, Darren Young( a amazing combination of a old school brawler with a technician, Tyson Kidd, HUnico ( Now Syn Cara), and some guys that are on NXT and deserve the main roster, and they don't let those guys shine.

Drew Mcintyre vs Christ Masters, and Drew vs Christian is better than a lot of PPV matchs.
let those guys shine, i don't want to see some bodybuilder moving in slow motion and doing some moves that a 5 year old cold do.
I want to see good athletes and great wrestlers.

Bring Chris Masters back, and bring Samoa Joe to WWE.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 am

- My other vent, i really like Channing Tatum movies, White House down was awesome.
I don't get to hate toward the dude.

And as a Batman fan, i think Ben Affleck is gonna be a good Batman.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 am

lol @ Edge

Luigi - do you feel like time is going FASTER???

I'm not joking, 2014 has been a fucking blur so far, I feel many of the same things. Just way too much stuff to do, the lists are getting longer and time is getting shorter.

On top of that I am also a complete procrastinator... the only way I get shit done is when the deadline is leaving me no choice. So I get stuck in these loops where the more shit I have to do the more I want to put it off and spend my time more intrinsically rewarding, but then when I do that I get further behind! lol

It just seems time is moving on fast-forward and life is too busy. The wife and I often talk of simplifying things but not sure what we should sacrifice or if that would be good for the kids

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 am

I think this is a typical life of an artist btw

You are obviously a creative person, I think we're all sort of like this

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:

C'est la vie I suppose.

- You got your test levels checked?
Are you exercising ?

Im still young enough that im not worried about T, but I honestly should exercise more. The thing with working out is I have the same issue, I will feel tired and put it off until the ever elusive "next time".

Also about the Wrestlemania thing: I watched a lot of WWF/E when I was younger and I remember having similar complaints. Every now and then there would be some big bodybuilder guy who would come in and get wins over popular established guys.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Masato wrote:lol @ Edge

Luigi - do you feel like time is going FASTER???

I'm not joking, 2014 has been a fucking blur so far, I feel many of the same things. Just way too much stuff to do, the lists are getting longer and time is getting shorter.

On top of that I am also a complete procrastinator... the only way I get shit done is when the deadline is leaving me no choice. So I get stuck in these loops where the more shit I have to do the more I want to put it off and spend my time more intrinsically rewarding, but then when I do that I get further behind! lol

It just seems time is moving on fast-forward and life is too busy. The wife and I often talk of simplifying things but not sure what we should sacrifice or if that would be good for the kids

Yes thats exactly how I feel.

I remember I first noticed how bad of an issue procrastination was for me in high school(basically the first time in my life it was actually detrimental) and I wanted to overcome it more than anything. After trying things out and a lot of reflecting I found a way to overcome it. I found that I was trying to motivate my work by instilling fear into myself of the consequences if I did poorly. I found that if instead I could think about how great it would be to achieve absolute victory(in that context, strait A+s) and I focused all my mental energy into concentrating on that. I could make myself full of zeal, I was hungry for succes, I knew it was right in front of me and I just had to seize it. The results were great, I went from a B avg in my first year to being one mark off from strait A+s in my final year.

The problem I find now is I dont have the mental energy to generate the same zeal. I still want success, I can still work hard when I do have the energy, but it seems like I have it less and less as time goes on.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Masato wrote:I think this is a typical life of an artist btw

You are obviously a creative person, I think we're all sort of like this

Thanks man, that means a lot coming from someone as creative as you. I think it is the typical life of anyone who is highly driven to succeed, and artists will usually have that passion for their work.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 pm

I like to think about MMA in these situations - it's a fight; you need to get pumped and have confidence to win. You describe this well about your straight A's in school, so you know it works... its just convincing yourself it's worth it.

I am lucky my job works on short deadlines... if I had like a few months to complete something I'd be fucked and procrastinate the hell out of it.

I think it comes down to that we only like to do what makes us happy. Maybe give yourself a reward, like if you get it done early you can seize that time to do something you love, and reversely if you goof around you won't get anything of value done.

Completing things intrinsically motivated can be addicting... and this addiction often has the power to move the crap out of the way much quicker so you can get to it.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”