Masato
Site Admin

Racist American Red Cross Poster

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:57 am

yeah man

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:32 pm

What? Looks legit
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:01 am

Lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 am

I can tell you from direct years of experience, whenever corporations try to be sensitive about race, they almost always overdo it and end up fucking it up.

I say this as someone who has done thousands of storyboards for TV ad-makers. They will tell me up front to make the characters 'ethnically diverse', but then if I really do that, they always want to tone it down again and end up making it really awkward. They will almost ALWAYS object if I make the 'hero' character anything but caucasian; 'ethnically diverse' means scattered around among the extraneous characters. If I make too dark they always want to lighten.

Problem is that they start switching it all up, and then any group-shot always starts to look all unbalanced and obvious that attention was spent on the issue, but in the end its still the fucking white character leading the show, lol

I still don't know if this is merely a strategical pandering to canadian demographics/target-market, or if it is indeed some twisted unconscious racist shit going on in their minds

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:15 am

I guarantee the artist commissioned to do this illustration was directed to make it 'ethnically diverse'.

How they settled on which characters were which I don't know, lol

What

Postby What » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:21 am

if we could all just relax like south park and just trash everyone equally

yeah that swim poster is overtly racist. You cant tell me the artist or someone else who commissioned it didnt pick out the naughty coloured people references? lmao. Apparently this poster was distributed already and I heard the comment on the radio that they will "be developing new safety literature" Who the fuck and how many people are they suggesting works on the project "developing" lmao

I have a strong image that its a white woman fucking this all up, all the oversight lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”