This CT is interesting...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

This CT is interesting...

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Turanian Trashtalker wrote:The major proof doesn't even come remotely from NASA.

The ancient Greeks figured this out over 2500 years ago.

Are you serious?

I never said I believed in Flat Earth, I just said it was a good exercise. You can build your worldview on the Ancient Greeks' word too for all I care... I'm just endorsing stopping to actually ponder the matter and figure it out for one's self rather than just taking 'common knowledge' for granted.

After giving as much benefit of the doubt as I could muster, there are obviously major problems with the theory. But was a fun brain-stretch to take a real unbiased look at it, at least it was interesting for me.

My expertise in perspective ended up de-bunking it in the end the hardest

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Also regarding Antarctica, I would say you underestimate the power of corporate greed.

Antarctica is HUGE and relatively unexplored. Likely full of resources, or at least a massive potential for resources.

Yet post-WWII, after a blitz of activity, somehow all nations agreed to leave it alone. And as far as research suggests they keep to that treaty. Apparently you can;t even fly a plane over the south pole without getting shot down, but I don't know the truth of this. Basically, its a complete no-go zone.

Then the space race started.

Also, there is also a massive mountain range at the edge of Antarctica that you must cross if you want to explore the continent.
The name of this barrier? -The Rockefeller Mountains.

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Masato wrote:Also regarding Antarctica, I would say you underestimate the power of corporate greed.

Antarctica is HUGE and relatively unexplored. Likely full of resources, or at least a massive potential for resources.

Yet post-WWII, after a blitz of activity, somehow all nations agreed to leave it alone. And as far as research suggests they keep to that treaty. Apparently you can;t even fly a plane over the south pole without getting shot down, but I don't know the truth of this. Basically, its a complete no-go zone.

Then the space race started.

Also, there is also a massive mountain range at the edge of Antarctica that you must cross if you want to explore the continent.
The name of this barrier? -The Rockefeller Mountains.

Nope try again

I actually know somebody who worked at Vostok station in Antarctica. It's so cold outdoors that you could die within a minute without wearing proper clothing, and it's impossible to drink water because it freezes as soon as it leaves the container, inches from your face.

Ever consider that's a big reason why planes don't "fly across there", especially with lack of refueling and control towers?

"Apparently you can;t even fly a plane over the south pole without getting shot down"

Huh? Who the fuck is going to shoot it down, the indigenous Antarcticans?

"Also, there is also a massive mountain range at the edge of Antarctica that you must cross if you want to explore the continent.
The name of this barrier? -The Rockefeller Mountains."

John D. Rockefeller was the richest man on earth, and was notorious for his philanthropy. Literally 10s of 1000s of schools, streets, research facilities, banks, and hospitals bear his name. That is not a conspiracy.

He funded the Byrd Expedition in 1938 that discovered the mountain range for the first time, hence why it bears his name.

Go get a refund for your diploma.

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Siberia is very very rich in mineral resources, yet almost nobody lives there. The vast majority of the population is clustered in a few areas. Only a tiny % of total resources have been extracted.

Consider that the Tunguska meteor crash in Siberia knocked out an area equivalent to over 1000 Hiroshima bombs, yet virtually nobody died.

Being sent there was considered a huge punishment by the Tsar and the USSR, and the gulags weren't even located in the worst regions of Siberia

And Siberia is much, much warmer than Antarctica at all times. Nobody is going to go to that frozen shithole except a science bitch, like me. There is no financial incentive.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:04 pm

^ lol great stuff

I tap out

You know more CT than I thought. Tunguska is a good one you don't hear about much. Are you saying gulags were there POST-explosion?

Do you really think John D Rockefeller was a philanthropist? I mean at heart, for its own sake?

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:14 pm

No he wasn't

A lot of these rich fucks during the Gilded Age started having serious regrets about their shady behavior (once they were old, grey, and at risk of death). Some of them were literally afraid of going to hell.

Hence why they started shoving cash into charities, education, and research near the turn of the century. "I'm still a good person inside, right, God?"

Others just wanted to buy a bunch of shit so that their family name would live on forever. Hence all the shit you see named after the Carnegies, Rockefellers, Pullmans, etc.

I can't think of a better way for my name to live on forever, than to pay a bunch of guys to fuck around for years in a frozen shithole and name a mountain range after me. Only a rich asshole would do such a thing. Finders keepers.

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Antarctica is the last continent on earth that still contains major, unexplored regions.

The AVERAGE low temperature in July at Vostok is something like -70°C, fuck that noise. and it's not even the coldest place in Antarctica.

The scientists there aren't that well paid, either, for what they have to do. Apparently everybody there gets cabin fever and has massive amounts of sex for recreation.

There's

1) almost no wildlife there... Even the emperor penguins only live inland for part of the year

2) no fucking flora or fauna, not even shit like mosquitoes and flies in the interior

3) no potable water (you'll die from hypothermia by melting ice in your body)

4) no infrastructure of any kind... If get lost in an ice storm just 1 km away from Vostok station, you are shit out of luck.

Nobody has any good reason to explore the whole continent. It costs a whole bunch of money and the taxpayer is not going to foot the bill, not when millions are dying from obesity and 'beetus. You can't even bring back cool pictures like with the space missions.

Even if there are natural resources there, it's simply not worth the effort to extract and transport them out of Antarctica, not even Guatemalans are willing to work in fucking -70 degree weather. How are you even going to dig into the frozen ground?

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Listen both you faggots Antarctica is the only continent rats havent colonised

I visited the southern most tip of Tasmania an Island off the south eastern coast of mainland Australia a few months ago and felt the gale force Southerlies coming off Antarctica is really something else, my fat abo lips started blistering within seconds of getting out of the car. I fucking panicked and fled back to the warmth of our vehicle. Coldest place ive ever visited and Ive spent October in south korea FFS

Im just not designed for that shit and accept it, I fucking lol when I see white people sun baking in the Aussie sun, yep what could go wrong???!!!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 pm

lol I spent 6 months working in Hammerfest, Norway. Northernmost city in the world. It sucked ass in the winter but summer was nice with the midnight sun. Maybe I should go to Antarctica, I reckon I could handle it.

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm

not even close nigga.

there are trees, mountains, and lakes in hammerfest. norwegian girls, too. antarctica is one giant, boring landscape of ice. you'll be stuck indoors all day with science bitches like me, does that sound like fun?

you OK with -70 degrees C (on average) in the wintertime? (+ wind chill, feels like -120 degrees hahahaha)

what total shithole.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”