my art thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
JosephDredd

my art thread

Postby JosephDredd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:07 am

So I've been stupidly busy, haven't had time to do much sketching.

Whipped this up tonight for Penciljack's weekly sketch group.

Wildcat's mask fucking killed me. Between the slant-eyed design I went with and his palms distorting the visual boundaries of his head I just couldn't get this to look right. I'm also unhappy with his mouth. Basically his entire head sucks.

I'm not happy with Wildcat at all, tbh. I rushed the sketch and I somehow forgot line variation in his outline, so that looks bad. His body looks awkward. I wish I had him tilted the other way so that the plane of his shoulders and upper arms pointed at her mouth like everything else in the picture.

Blargh. I wipe my ass with this.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 am

- It's far better than anything Rob Liefyeld has draw.

But i agree with you, the hand distorts the head. Wildcats masks has those little cat mustaches on.

I thinking about, i don't think i saw if they re-designed his costume on the New 52.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:42 am

Its not bad, I would have like to have seen the under-sketch

It seems like you maybe rush too quickly to ink without enough sketch-work first. Your shadowing seems a bit haphazard sometimes...

Very cool to share though, it shows character to not be afraid to post work you don't like. When I have time I'd love to color some of your inks if you let me!

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:16 am

Masato wrote:Its not bad, I would have like to have seen the under-sketch

It seems like you maybe rush too quickly to ink without enough sketch-work first. Your shadowing seems a bit haphazard sometimes...

You nailed it with this one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I'm trying to prioritize speed, otherwise I'll sit there all day and work like a turtle.
Very cool to share though, it shows character to not be afraid to post work you don't like. When I have time I'd love to color some of your inks if you let me!

I would be honoured! Here's some stuff I've done recently that I like!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:02 pm

what's with the dude and his pants falling down? LOL

is that a stain on his arse?

backstory?

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Masato wrote:what's with the dude and his pants falling down? LOL

is that a stain on his arse?

backstory?

I created him as a joke for a comics competition at Penciljack. We'd all create characters and then pit them in a tournament against each other, winner decided by vote. So I just designed a crazy, homeless ex-special forces dude who's CNS was fried and he's pretty much broken from reality. He's in a perpetual state of adrenaline rush and hearing voices. Kind of like a homeless Batman.

The first opponent he got was an eight foot space gorilla and I thought, realistically, there's only one way my dude is going to beat a giant space gorilla: throw shit in his eyes and stab him.

The second opponent he fought was the woman, who could make people see their greatest fear. Since he had extreme PTSD and is pretty much trapped living his greatest fear every day I could see her powers getting her into a situation more chaotic and dangerous than she anticipated.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Dude you are fucking talented....
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:04 pm

I thought I'd turn this into a thread for all my art instead of staring hundreds of threads.

Tonight... Luke Cage loses his shit:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Any relation to Johnny cage?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Are these pencil on paper or computer?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”