my art thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
JosephDredd

my art thread

Postby JosephDredd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Canuckster wrote:Are these pencil on paper or computer?

It's all pencil and ink on old-fashioned paper. I've been thinking about going digital, but it's kind of intimidating.

And Luke Cage is a Marvel character. He shows up in The Avengers and Daredevil quite a bit. Fun bit of trivia: Nicolas Cage changed his last name to Cage because he was a fan of Luke Cage.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Kickass thread JoesphDredd

thanks tons for sharing. Digital will free you in so many ways you can't imagine.

But it is also kind of a cheating tool... maybe drawing oldschool makes you better, idk

in any case, if you decide you wanna do it one day come here/hit me up I'll tell you what I know. I love it personally, and hate most computer stuff and am also intimidated to learn new softwares. But it really is fun, I think you'd love it and it wouldn't even be that steep of a learning curve. Lots of softwares out there that are getting really easy to use

Also yeah what was Nic Cage's real last name then? Was he not related to some big Hollywood family name and pulled an Emilio Estevez or something?

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Masato wrote:Kickass thread JoesphDredd

thanks tons for sharing. Digital will free you in so many ways you can't imagine.

But it is also kind of a cheating tool... maybe drawing oldschool makes you better, idk

in any case, if you decide you wanna do it one day come here/hit me up I'll tell you what I know. I love it personally, and hate most computer stuff and am also intimidated to learn new softwares. But it really is fun, I think you'd love it and it wouldn't even be that steep of a learning curve. Lots of softwares out there that are getting really easy to use

I might take you up on that. I've been mulling over your comment that we should collaborate. I initially rejected the idea because your skill level is out of my league, but I realized you're Canadian and will probably be too polite to back out because I'm a fraud. #robfordsyndrome

I have a friend who does amazing things on Manga Studio so I'm tempted to get her to show me the basics. Part of what's daunting is I wouldn't be able to afford the fancy tablet with a screen, so I'd be scribbling on the tablet and watching the computer. I've been told it's like learning to draw all over again.

Also yeah what was Nic Cage's real last name then? Was he not related to some big Hollywood family name and pulled an Emilio Estevez or something?

Coppola! He's the nephew of the guy who brought us Apocalypse Now!

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:05 pm

So what do you guys think of this?

I was playing around with my crayons tonight came up with this. It took about a third of the time of a fully inked picture in my regular style and it doesn't look that bad.

The style I regularly use is very demanding and meticulous. Even though I love the way it looks, it really does hold me back from being a more productive artist. This style would be so easy to whip up entire pages in no time at all.

Wondering if this style looks good enough to pursue.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

JosephDredd wrote:So what do you guys think of this?

I was playing around with my crayons tonight came up with this. It took about a third of the time of a fully inked picture in my regular style and it doesn't look that bad.

The style I regularly use is very demanding and meticulous. Even though I love the way it looks, it really does hold me back from being a more productive artist. This style would be so easy to whip up entire pages in no time at all.

- I remember reading a comic-book artist telling that doying those Batman Animated series drawing was harder than the regular comi-book stylle

- Because he could hide the errors in the traditional stylle, and the less lines of the animated series didn`t allow that.

You should give a try, you got tallent maybe try animation?

Wondering if this style looks good enough to pursue.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:25 am

Why are his eyes closed?

Why are there seams running from the head of his penis to his foot? Is it some sort of Qi thing?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”