Rocky Balboa returns in Creed - Official Trailers

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Devil's Advocate

Rocky Balboa returns in Creed - Official Trailers

Postby Devil's Advocate » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:20 am

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:03 am

- Rocky is the greatest hollywood character ever!
I love the movie snoobs reaction, whem they realize that Rocky is far more famous that those stupid a Clockwork Orange or Casablanca.

One has entertained the masses for over 30 years, the others had bored a bunch of jabroni at the art-schools.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Devil's Advocate

Postby Devil's Advocate » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 am

As cheesy as it was in some parts, I've enjoyed all of the Rocky movies far more than I enjoyed Gone With the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Casablanca, or even Clockwork Orange. Although I do think CO is a good movie, like all Kubrick movies it contains a lot of social commentary and hidden warnings.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 am

Devil's Advocate wrote:As cheesy as it was in some parts, I've enjoyed all of the Rocky movies far more than I enjoyed Gone With the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Casablanca, or even Clockwork Orange. Although I do think CO is a good movie, like all Kubrick movies it contains a lot of social commentary and hidden warnings.

- That's is because you apreciat cinema for what it's is.
Entertaining.

There are good movie like The Green Mile, Batteries not included, A Bronx Tale, Tombstone, Turner & Hooch, Marley and I, Road to Perdition that the movie snoobs never talk about, i honestly think some people just say the name of movies like Gone with the Wind just to looks intelectual, i get that some people like those movie and i respect that, but other just regurgitade those names.

Client Eastwood does directs very-good movies, and they are never talked on the same setence of those annoying classics.

Hollywood is a parallel world weres Kevin Costner isn't considered a great actor, people like Brad Pitt and Michael Mcconaughey or Tom Cruise don't win a oscar and annoying movies are venered.

I can't get pass that Michal Clark Duncan didn't get a oscar for Green Mile or Kevin Costner didn't got indicted to a oscar for Field of Dreams!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:18 am

WOW

I was very scared at this thread, as I thought Rocky 6 was a PERFECT place to end the series... but those trailers look pretty cool

If I'm really honest with myself, I think Rocky 1 might still be my favorite movie. Rocky 2 and 3 were also amazing, but I really don't like 4, and 5 was meh.

The last one kicked ass though.

I never get tired of that story. Thanks for the info DA

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Rocky 1 is amazing.
HOWEVER don't fuck with Casablanca.

Devil's Advocate

Postby Devil's Advocate » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:32 am

I do like Casablanca, but I prefer the Rocky series..

Masato, I enjoyed 4 but thought 5 was the worst of them. I thougt that 4 was a good follow on from 3, way over the top and very 80s and America fuck yeah, but entertaining nonetheless. 6 was great, much truer to the original movie and probably what 5 should have been.

I like that Stallone didnt write Creed, the director wrote it and gave it to Stallone, who was so impressed that he agreed to do it.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

Devil's Advocate wrote:I do like Casablanca, but I prefer the Rocky series..

Masato, I enjoyed 4 but thought 5 was the worst of them. I thougt that 4 was a good follow on from 3, way over the top and very 80s and America fuck yeah, but entertaining nonetheless. 6 was great, much truer to the original movie and probably what 5 should have been.

I like that Stallone didnt write Creed, the director wrote it and gave it to Stallone, who was so impressed that he agreed to do it.

- I would like to see Sly writing a animation, for all the flack that he gets, he is good at conecting with the people, in movies he is a good choreografer too. But i would like to see his job in a cartoon, maybe a traditional style cartoon.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 am

4 was cold-war propaganda, a disgrace to the series. The only thing about it worth keeping is that Creed dies

Casablanca?? Really??
I studied that film in school, hailed as 'the greatest movie of all time', and I couldn't make sense of this at all. They even use a cheap flashback to sink the twist.
Over-hyped imo.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Masato wrote:4 was cold-war propaganda, a disgrace to the series. The only thing about it worth keeping is that Creed dies

- I love Apollo Creed!
4 has great soundtrack and Drago that was considered 25º movie villain of all time, Drago was a stereotypical, but cool character, he was fighting, because the thought of a giant badass russian delivering some ass-whoopings is far more realistic than Jason. For me the only bad movie is Rocky V. Would like to see a Drago appearence. Funny that such a iconic character never got a solo movie.

Casablanca?? Really??
I studied that film in school, hailed as 'the greatest movie of all time', and I couldn't make sense of this at all. They even use a cheap flashback to sink the twist.
Over-hyped imo.

- This! :mrgreen:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”