Megaterio Llamas's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Flatus Fowler's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 pm

this ones for masato. :mrgreen:
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:08 pm

I don't know if you noticed, but your planet uh .. Sort of like pretty fucked up The severely chaotic vibration caused by the slaughter of innocent sentient beings Has led to this current situation Now unless you been blessed with the ability to manipulate your destiny Stick your head back in its hole Part of me is like: pardon me, sorry to disturb your little comfort zone And the rest of me is like: wake the fuck up For goodness sakes, don't let your children pay for your mistakes The human race cannot evolve so long as they consume flesh Question: does your world resemble heaven or hell The demon people have got you trapped in their voodoo spell We weren't designed to exist like this I was created in the image of an almighty, compassionate entity So it looks like I'm going to have to re-arrange things a little So we can experience this shit like it was meant to be

Yoohoo, wakey wakey ? How come I can't fly or breathe underwater like I can in my dreams Or like, communicate with animals like adam and eve These and many other exciting questions will be answered When the power-hungry uglies controlling this realm get blasted By their own reflection, calm minds provide protection Neglection of your health is the best way to get swayed Manipulated by blood spells You eat food containing fear, that's why you scared And unprepared for the transition From pisces to aquarius, I'm on a mission Steady hitting pressure-points with pin-point precision Till they take the carrots out their fuckin ears and listen Yoohoo, wakey wakey ? I don't really think anyone's that different from me We rock individually and connect invisibly The Thundercats on the track never skipping a beat Fresh like an early morning skinny dip in the sea "Do you hear that humming? Look at these strange tracks in the sand. There's something coming, come on man, let's get back in the van!" said Jim to his good friend Doctor Spock, but when Spock disappeared, Jim was like, "What the fuck!?" He freaked out, whipped out his phazer, started looking around little did he know Spock was safe with us under the ground "Relax doctor, this won't hurt please don't panic." The beats started banging and we began the re-programming I told him not to be nervous Then fucked with his head on purpose and sent him back to the surface "Jim?" "Oh god, Spock, my heart!" "Sorry captain? "Uh, ah, hooo, it's fine man. What happened?" Yoohoo, wakey wakey ? Sir, why do you have those two carrots stuck in your ears? I'm sorry, I can't hear you, I got these two carrots stuck in my ears. Yoohoo, wakey wakey ?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:42 am

Y'all ready for some 80s madness?

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:59 am

I Just found out we could post multiple videos in one post!!!! This is great for comparing remixes and showing samples and loads of other benefits. I have no idea why they stopped that over there.

A Diet Butcher aka D Money special. One of my favorite songs he posted over at the other place. This one put a smile on my face one Saturday.

You can ask The Diet Butcher and he will tell you the same thing......EY LOVES Deep House. I mean between the Deep House intl dj's he hangs with semi-regularl this is the sound played in Whiskey Bars all across Shropsh.....Dala......I mean 'Shanghai'.

Soul Capsule - Lady Science [NYC Sunrise Mix] (1999)

This is actually the A side to the the 12' and is pretty fucking good itself. This track is an example of having to give a song a couple spins before it sinks in.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:17 am

I Just found out we could post multiple videos in one post!!!! This is great for comparing remixes and showing samples and loads of other benefits.

For years, Eminem was called the rising star of the publication. After Eminem received a rating for his album The Marshall Mathers LP, which was judged two "mics", it was later changed to a four "mic" album following numerous complaints from readers. Eminem was upset and addressed the magazine on his follow-up album The Eminem Show. When the situation escalated, Benzino then decided to air out his concerns with Eminem. The rapper then claimed that Eminem's success ruins black and Latino rappers' chances of success. Benzino believes that corporations are controlling and supporting Eminem, which allows him to talk about meaningful topics, while black rappers must rap about materialistic things.

It is believed that Benzino held MTV responsible for the problems facing hip-hop. Executives at the MTV Video Music Awards allowed Eminem to show up with over 100 blonde clones dressed like him marching on stage for their 2000 awards show. Benzino claims that most of the blame should belong to Interscope's Jimmy Iovine for Eminem's inevitable rise to stardom. The one thing that most angered Benzino was the lyric from "Without Me," from The Eminem Show: “Though I'm not the first king of controversy/ I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley/ To do Black music so selfishly/ and use it to make myself wealthy". Then, Benzino considered this to be the last straw.

Before Benzino released his next album, he recorded a "diss" record mixtape addressed to Eminem. In some of his interviews he has stated that Eminem is a part of the corporate "machine" and is destroying hip hop. When Eminem caught wind of Benzino’s comments, the rapper decided not to respond, which angered Benzino even more. Shortly afterwards, Benzino went ahead and recorded a diss track called "Pull Your Skirt Up" and featured the song on his second album Redemption.

“I’m not Moby, the little puppet on MTV
I bring glasses to your living room so you could see me”

Yeah, Benzino isn’t the greatest rapper…

In response to "Pull Your Skirt up", and the first diss record by Benzino, Eminem responded with two viscious tracks in retaliation, "The Sauce" and "Nail in the Coffin", attacking both the credibility of The Source, and indeed, the rap career of Benzino.

Not to be outdone by Eminem, Benzino threw out the claims of a corporate takeover and started to insult Eminem personally. He recorded a response to Eminem’s lyrical attacks by threatening his daughter and dubbing him the “2003 Vanilla Ice” and “Rap Hitler".

Eminem decided to air the feud with Benzino out on radio. Deejay personality Angie Martinez allowed Eminem to express his problems, and branded Benzino as the “worst rapper in the world”. Benzino phoned in later, threatening to fight Eminem if they crossed paths, much to the dismay of his record label. Elektra Records then dropped Benzino off of their label before his second album was ever released, due to poor record sales. Benzino's album Redemption failed commercially, selling around 23,000 units. Meanwhile, The Eminem Show sold 8 million copies.

Benzino has also been the subject of scrutiny for using his magazine as a personal promotional platform as well as a tool against his enemies. This would prove to be a costly mistake. In 2003, The Source released recordings of Eminem which included derogatory references to blacks and women. Eminem apologized for making the tapes but also stated The Source's vendetta against him were the primary reasons for the allegations. The recordings would subsequently become the subject of a lawsuit from the rapper.[1]

Eminem then sued The Source for defamation and copyright infringement. The federal courts allowed an injunction to distribute a minimal amount of lyrics of the alleged tape. Benzino and his publication then ignored the injunction and went forth to publish the entire lyrics on its website and in its magazine. By doing so, The Source was found in contempt of court and were forced to pay Eminem and his label, Shady Records, a large compensation sum. Benzino's actions would prove to be detrimental not only to the publication, but to his own reputation and credentials.

Later, Benzino and The Source would urge video and radio stations to ban Eminem's video, "Just Lose It", and issue an apology to Michael Jackson. The video depicts Jackson in a negative light and the publication wanted to boycott the rapper. In spite of their efforts, BET was the only network to ban the video. BET claimed Benzino was not the reason for the banning, but rather that it was out of admiration of Jackson. Eminem released the single "Like Toy Soldiers" from Encore, in which he states he'll "walk away from it all before it gets any further". Undaunted, Benzino responded with the "diss" track, "Look Into My Eyes", in which he claims Eminem does not want to fight anymore because he is scared.

While visiting a Detroit radio station, the publication's founder Mays and Eminem got into a heated dispute, which resulted in Benzino feuding again. This time his beef included rappers 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Trick-Trick and many others who were associated with Eminem.

There were numerous reports that Benzino had threatened editors to write a critical piece about G-Unit after comments were made by members of the group. When Mays was injured after a confrontation with Busta Rhymes, Benzino began criticizing and dissing him. The aftermath from feuding with Eminem caused seemingly irreparable damage to the magazine's credibility. This forced Interscope and other record labels to pull advertising from The Source as well.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:25 am

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:31 am

Wow - this new feature is great - good sleuthing anti-D!

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:37 am

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:42 am

el rey del mambo

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:01 pm

While we are at one of my all time favorites and the quintessential minimal track that started it all the same way Basic Channel started the DUB techno style. Very Important track in the history of electronic music and influence on many artist

I posted the Deepchord remix a few months ago over at the other place. Moritz from Basic Channel has a great remix as well.

Model 500 is none other than the Detroit Legend Juan Atkins until 2008 When he was joined by another OG in Mike Banks, Mark Taylor and Milton brown all from one of the most important groups and labels in Underground Resistance.

Model 500 - Starlight (Original Mix) (1995) Minimal Techno

Model 500 - Starlight [Deepchord Mix] (2007) Dub Techno

Return to “Anarchy Zone”