Megaterio Llamas's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Jehannum

Re: Megaterio Llamas's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:01 am

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Jehannum wrote:auto-tune trap music .. I lasted about 4 seconds into him rapping and I was done, sorry mang ^^

just not my thing

A couple people I've asked haven't liked it so no worries

Personally I don't think he over used the auto-tune (I generally hate it too although a couple use it ok), also wouldn't consider it trap but ya, even the main person I go to for reactions to hip hop (DJ ghost) did not like it

I'm not exactly an expert on "trap" and I wouldn't say it sounds like old Jeezy, but you knew what I meant anyway :)

I keep hearing "mumble rap" mentioned as a description of a lot of current rap music, would that apply to that song?

I can tolerate autotune occasionally

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Jehannum wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Jehannum wrote:auto-tune trap music .. I lasted about 4 seconds into him rapping and I was done, sorry mang ^^

just not my thing

Personally I don't think he over used the auto-tune (I generally hate it too although a couple use it ok), also wouldn't consider it trap but ya, even the main person I go to for reactions to hip hop (DJ ghost) did not like it

I'm not exactly an expert on "trap" and I wouldn't say it sounds like old Jeezy, but you knew what I meant anyway :)

I keep hearing "mumble rap" mentioned as a description of a lot of current rap music, would that apply to that song?

Kind of by Denzel isn't too bad with the mumble, he does mimic migos flow a bit imo

Mumble is shit like Future, migos, young thug, desiigner, lil pump
They basically cut off the end of words and all together sound like they have a cock in their mouth while rapping... can understand about every 5th word
I find most rap about how much money they have and drugs, currey actually has meaning behind his lyrics

Here's some mumble rap

I actually like the young thug song so I put it, he has more that are much more mumbly(is that even a word lol)

Fuck lil pump lol but the kid knows how to pick beats

Here's another lil pump and then a remix of it from my favorite current rapper joyner lucas who is basically the opposite of mumble rap

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Jehannum wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:

just not my thing

That's not bad
I like the beat and flow except the chorus part where the autotune becomes more pronounced
Hadn't heard this before, will check out more of his stuff

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Here's a young boy who is about to blow the fuck up and rightly so

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:That's not bad
I like the beat and flow except the chorus part where the autotune becomes more pronounced
Hadn't heard this before, will check out more of his stuff
yeah I feel the same way, it's bearable because the rest of it is alright. I need to check out more Buggsy myself, only got a handful of tracks by him so far.

found em while looking for quality UK rap and was surprised to discover the scene has improved significantly, it's not just grime grime grime

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 pm

I'll share other UK rap is at appears on my playlist :)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:edited to save space

that lil Pump beat IS cool, no lie, but the rest just sound like the other thousands of tracks I barely give a chance (though clearly that last guy Joyce? can rap even if I still don't like the track, and he's got lyrics) :D thanks for the education btw, I'm always so far "behind" lol .. was only a few years ago that I made another concerted effort to find talented artists I'd like and it reminded me how much good material is out there if you take the time to look. I loved the 90s but this is the golden age of rap IMO

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:07 pm

another with an auto-tune type hook,

but in the 90s they put out an album I still listen to from time to time called "Take Dis"

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 pm

dance

Return to “Anarchy Zone”