Megaterio Llamas's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anti D

Flatus Fowler's Jukebox/karaoke bar thread.

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Easily the best Album from 2012. This is a journey in electronic music.

More on this in a little bit for my own reference. Every second of this album has a purpose. You can listen to individual tracks but the magic is when you go on the journey from start to finish. Then the pieces of the puzzle make sense.

Voices From The Lake - Voices From The Lake [2012, Full LP, Prologue Music]

Alone these individual tracks resemble Dj tools and not much more. When combined together they create a slow building journey. This is the foreplay. A dance. A journey that builds up the tension for over 25 minutes with minimal ambien elements until you are rewarded with this lush piece of moving electronic music.

Voices from the Lake - S.T. (VFTL Rework)

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:47 pm

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:50 pm

el rey del mambo

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Was listening to a bunch of Drum and bass around 2007 2011 (Drum and bass can broken to many other sub-genres that each tell a story themselves) i listened in the past but really enjoyed it during those years.

Just got back listening to liquid funk and have missed a lot of music over the last 2 or 3 years. Fabio used to love the track Together by Logistics more but I always "fancied" this one.

I love British singer Pat Fulgoni on vocals and have noticed that he has been busy lending his voice for a few respected artists in the Drum and Bass scene.

Logistics' - Transporter, (from his 2009 Album "Crash Bang Wallop")

A classic DNB track by Logistics that I said earlier that DJ Fabio called one of his best of the 00's. Personally I am a huge fan of Fabio who helped coin the Liquid Funk phrase but I preferred Transporter and even a few other tracks by Logistics instead.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:17 pm

4 later. For anyone who listens this is Drum and Bass and encompasses many of it's different styles. Just one more piece in the varied Electronic music puzzle where their are sounds for every moment in your life.

Heard the first 20 minutes a few times but want to listen to the whole thing tonight. One great thing about S.P.Y is he can do it all in the Drum and bass world. Spy representing Brazil like another legend and friend DJ Marky.

Guy was already blown up but I think he can ever get bigger if pushed right. Nice that released two albums on the very popular Hospital records. That label guess can have some cheese but also produce quality. that first track is MAGIC. heard it a few years ago and still listen all the time.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm

I was correct Trevino did just put out a new four song EP off of Ben Klock's Klockwork label a few weeks ago! This will second and believe the first one was amazing. Doldrums was a favorite of mine.

Trevino comes a drum and bass background and goes by the name Marcus Intalex. He has done an amazing job making Techno/Tech House/Deep House after a Drum and Bass career. Following in the footsteps of UK legends like A Guy called Gerald and Photek in this department.

Trevino - Warmer (Original Mix) First EP off of his new abel and I can only hope that the next few are as good as this!

This is probably my favorite track from the Trevino Alias. released on Ben Klocks label I am sure this wa sa staple at Berghain for a few years. Pure 3AM German Warehouse Techno. Ace Track.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 pm

This one is for CanCUCKster! He posted this over at the other place a few months ago.Great track which sample Ahex Twin.

I respect Diplo as a producer who takes chances but I don't always agree care for his EDM productions which can be hit and miss and cater to the lowest common denominator

Die Antwoord - Evil Boy (Explicit Version)

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 pm

I talked to canuckster about this last month and this is the sample used in that Ugly Boy song. Of course it no other than a track from the LEGENDARY Aphex Twin and his best album at that!

Aphex Twin - Ageispolis (1992!) "Where were you in 92?" ;)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 pm

to understand die antwoord, you need to go back to his previous efforts as max normal. or his real name watkin tudor jones, where I think he did his best work. This new stuff is just fluff designed to appeal to the masses to make money.

"invent the future, then manifest it"
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”