MegaMMAn (MUGEN fighting game)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

MegaMMAn (MUGEN fighting game)

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Emp - how is this game being released? Are you just doing it for love/for free? Is it at all part of the Sherdog RPG game that some F7ers are doing?

Where/how will you promote it?

I can't even guess how many hours you've put into this, I can't wait to see the final product - so many characters!!! lolol

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Masato wrote:Emp - how is this game being released? Are you just doing it for love/for free? Is it at all part of the Sherdog RPG game that some F7ers are doing?

Where/how will you promote it?

I can't even guess how many hours you've put into this, I can't wait to see the final product - so many characters!!! lolol

It's not part of the Sherdog RPG, which is pretty much dead. I'm just doing this on my own. To start, I'll probably just upload it to Dropbox, and post it here, Sherdog, and the UG. If it gets moderate attention I'll probably make a website for it. I'm learning as I go, so I don't have much planned out beyond the initial release, other than adding more fighters and arenas. For the first release, I really just want make a simple game with 12 fighters, each with a story for arcade mode, and UFC and Pride arenas. Then I'll progressively learn new tricks, take suggestions for improvement, add fighters, add arenas, and by the time I have all 280 fighters or whatever it ends up being, it should be awesome. Basically, my ultimate goal is to make the game so awesome and popular that I get sued by Zuffa.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Hey man - you should make a webpage for it, I think it would get tons of hits. We could co-promote and grow the flow of MMA fan-creativity

In other news... WHADDYA MEAN THE RPG GAME IS DEAD..?? wtf, I put my heart and soul into that, lol... I wanna see it done!

At the very least I would be happy to revise all the Sherdog references and make the bit I did into a conspiracy game. I put a lot of work in that would be a shame to waste it all, I think I designed a pretty cool little world

If anyone has the programming to complete at least my part of it I'd be interested in negotiating some kind of pay for it, let me know F7 peeps

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:28 pm

I guess the RPG isn't officially dead, but nobody's worked on it in the past 2 months. Sheets was left picking up the slack every time someone dropped out, in addition to doing all of the programming, which was already the most time consuming part of the game. Plus he was starting his own business at the time.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Yeah this place all dropped off for a bit there... hoping everyone is well and can find their rhythms in the new year. I'm having some difficulty finding my own tbh, getting back to routines after holidays is always a twist of spirit

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Haven't seen too many of the regulars in Sherdog F7 lately. Haven't heard much from Sheets, AJ, Avarice, EOW or anyone else really. GSPonaB did some pretty epic shoops in the recent Shoop Silva thread, though.

Seems like the crowd changes pretty fast in Sherdog F7. I mean, some of the usual suspects are still there, but a lot has changed over the last several months. Plus the holidays and everything.

I hope Sheets starts posting here again though.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:27 pm

I want GSPOAB here!!! has anyone sent an invite? (Avarice too)

Sheets, AJ and EOW drop in here sometimes

Next issue of my comic is out in the next 48 hrs... lets try to use it to pump this place up!

Forums are only as good as their depths of community imo. A thousand people screaming as individuals is just a zoo - regular interaction is what makes the best things happen. That is why the big ones are falling apart, its the difference between hanging with some solid friends, or going to some over-crowded themepark

Chamber

Postby Chamber » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:20 am

AMAZING work! The subtle nuances of a lot of the sprites really allowed me to recognize a ton of fighters without looking at the names. From Lyoto's unibrow to Faber's buttchin, you nailed it, man.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 am

^ totally... I found it amazing the subtlety of the differences ant yet they are almost 100% recognizable

This is a skill in minimalism, highly impressive

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Added a poll just to test out that feature.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”