Site Admin

Should I join the Kitsune Society??

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:17 pm

it grows on Canuckster's

At least it did that one summer :D

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 pm

- I tought tha leaft was some type o food.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:00 pm

I have no idea what you're talking aboot.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:19 am

KITSUNE UPDATE:

After an over 2-Year stretch of Writer's Block on a screenplay I've been working on (a project very personal to me), over the holidays I had a major breakthrough, and within a few short days had found true and satisfying answers/solutions to all the problems and questions I was having with the script.

I busted out a tight and simple functioning treatment and am already knocking out the first draft.

One small part of these solutions (though an important one) was to implement a Kitsune Fox Mask into some scenes.

I won't get into the details of the story or the character who wears the mask, but let it be known that the Kitsune/Spirit if Inari has found a place in this story that I have been nurturing for over 15 years now and still aspire to have it told.

They went away for a while but came back with some serious strength. They are not even partying about it or laughing as usual. They made their mark and are gone again. Will be badass.

I am feeling great about it.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 am

(Again, sorry for the absence; other projects.)

They truly do favor you, Masato.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Got your PM, I am stoked you are writing..!

Will reply, lets get those currents flowing bro

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:56 am

So you put that mask in and they filled you with inspiration? Destroying your writer's block like snow melt bursting through a beaver dam? And what do you mean by "did not party or laugh about it as usual?" How did you sense that?

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:56 am

Nothing says creative revolution like

"Calender entry"
18 July: Headmaster's birthday
posted Jul 17, 2014, 7:26 PM by Edward Genereux

18 July 2014 is Headmaster S.R. Brant's 24th birthday. Be sure to wish the Society's number one a great day!!!

ahahahahhahahha

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

SRBrant wrote:So you put that mask in and they filled you with inspiration? Destroying your writer's block like snow melt bursting through a beaver dam? And what do you mean by "did not party or laugh about it as usual?" How did you sense that?

No I didn't put the mask on, lol

I don't have that mask, just a google pic I liked.

It would be hard to explain it all without getting all into explaining the story I'm writing... but I had one character that I was struggling to understand/complete. Where did he come from? etc There are some mysterious/magical elements about the character but actually explaining or understanding them in a satisfying way was eluding me.

I was very close to solving it but still some unanswered questions. Then I had a vision of the character implementing a Kitsune mask in some key back-story scenes, and it worked perfectly; the whole thing sprang to life! Everything popped right into place, all the knots untangled and all the answers I had been struggling to find suddenly became totally clear. I don't even need to explain anything about Kitsune; just the image of him hiding in the forest and wearing a fox mask was enough to click it all together! I know this may not sound like it makes sense but it totally worked.

Its not difficult when writing to find solutions to problems... what I find hard is to find the RIGHT solutions. You can patch things up easily, but I find if it it not true to the SOUL of the story, it just goes flat and loses its magic. The story might work but the essence of the muse has been killed. I always wait and search until I know I have it RIGHT. When I find the right solutions I always KNOW it - it sings, the story comes back to life and it resonates, I KNOW when it is working as it wants to work.

This was one of those moments.

That simple image of the character with a Kitsune mask unlocked everything, and the whole story flooded out as if a dam had broken. I wrote the whole treatment from there no problem and am writing it out in script format daily without anything yet in my way to finishing it.

As for 'not partying or laughing about it as usual?', well this is the trick of whatever relationship I have with Kitsune; either its all in my imagination or its real, lol. Usually I sense a playfulness, that mischief you talk about. I sometimes even feel wary of letting ideas of Kitsune get too close because I feel that they can be trouble-makers, lol

But this time I felt/imagined no such thing. A much more serious/satisfied energy... they were pleased with what happened and respectfully left without the usual bubbling laughter that I felt before from them.

As I said this may all be in my over-imagination but its what I felt. Make of it what you will.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:24 pm

HOLY SHIT

Our man SRBrant is somehow writing Kitsune lore. He PM'd me an excerpt

This is serious shit, it rings like real mythical legend, I am really blown away.

Have a read, folks - these are the stories of the Kitsune:

——————————
When Izanagi and Izanami descended upon the young Earth, they looked upon the broad face of the continent and fell themselves to the land that is now known as Asia. Its people, like so many before them, were struck with fear by their awesome presence but quickly learned of their benevolent nature.
——————————
There, an old man known as Qin-Zhi presented himself before the two and proclaimed that because he had foreseen their arrival, his people culled the lands of all its demons so as they would not harass the gods that were to come. Touched by their tribute, Izanagi and Izanami taught them the ways of astrology, agriculture, trapping and the hidden arts of the spirits. But the couple felt that their time was finite before the other gods would know their interference and had no choice but to leave.
——————————
They wished them their eternal goodbyes with the promise of restoration in their most desperate time before they travelled further east and came across the islands of Japan. They appeared in the sky upon the setting sun and before them, the people did not run in panic or fear, but in admiration. They held up abalone and conch shells alongside wet river's clay and spiked bundles of reeds. Recognizing these humble acts of gratitude and the holy mountain that peered over the clouds themselves, Izanagi and Izanami made the islands and the mountain their home.
——————————
They birthed many children that were raised atop Mount Fuji, but one slipped on its steep ledges and fell all the way down to the bottom, landing in the forest. A skulk of foxes found her laying unresponsive in a puddle. As they were about to bury her, believing that she was dead, they noticed that rice stalks grew from the water and mud around her in soil unfit for farming. They realized that the girl was the prophet that their struggling people had long searched for, named after the rice that grew from her very touch: Inari.
——————————
But a terrible storm of dark, curling clouds and sword-like lightning emerged on the horizon, ready to block out the very sky itself, and Inari could not be moved from the viscous earth. The storm tore up everything in its path, chewing trees, animals and whole villages seemingly on a whim as if the entire thing was alive. Its winds were at full gale force and, to restore her strength, two foxes stepped forth to make the ultimate sacrifice: a tod named Osusuke and a vixen named Akomachi.
——————————
With a flint blade, Akomachi slashed her breasts and nursed Inari to life with her blood. With the same instrument, Osusuke flayed himself alive and draped his fur across her to keep her warm. As the two bled out, their bones became nourishing ash, their sinews into slugs and their flesh into flowers — bodies returning to the Earth. The Foxes carried her to a far away mountain safe from the maelstrom’s reach.
——————————
Inari awoke from her deep slumber several months later, awakened by the welcome return of Amaterasu’s light and found herself flanked by the spirits of Akomachi and Osusuke dressed in red-lacquered armor and ornately-patterned silks. In the puddle before her, she saw her reflection, having become a fox herself, nourished by their blood and clothed in their fur. She was blessed with a hydrangea leaf as her crown and entertained with veneration given to her not unlike that of a father finding a long-lost daughter. Ecstatic, she howled towards the sun and summoned her newfound kin to rejoice.
——————————
Her voice carried far and Amaterasu heard the unusual call. Descending upon the mountain, she recognized - even through her fur - Inari and decided to bring her home. The Foxes cried out and clawed at her, claiming her to be an abductor. Amaterasu brought her before the other gods, who chastised her for turning her back on her brothers and sisters. In protest, Inari insisted that because she was taken care of by the foxes, she considered them her family. Aghast at this defiance, the gods tore off her crown and forced her off the mountain.
——————————
The Foxes threatened to wage war against the gods, baring their teeth and blades, but Inari stopped them, saying that both they and the gods were their family and that no family should tear itself apart because of petty disputes. She held up an apple and spoke: 'this fruit is the whole of the world and to nourish itself, the worm eats the fruit from within. If we behave like this, thrashing and killing and burning all that we see to satisfy ourselves, we are like the dreaded worm, eating its own home to fuel finite life.'
——————————
Moved, the foxes bowed their heads, save for their chieftain who had one more question to ask. 'You have proven your wisdom and your birthright, child of the gods, but tell us - what is the secret name in which we called our children long before Man found fire?’ Inari replied 'I will call you by the bark of the fox that upon its lips rest endearment and intelligence: Kitsune.' This was the true name of the Foxes and Inari knew it simply by following the bright feelings in her heart. The Foxes celebrated more than they ever had before and felt prepared to reunite themselves with the rest of their race, giving to Inari the iron spear that their first elder wielded as tribute.
——————————
Inari struck the ground before her with the iron spear, blade pointing upwards, declaring her rightful ownership of the relic, around which curled the serpentine blue-orange tongues of foxfire and from its buried stump grew tufts of chrysanthemums and Queen Ann’s lace. So sharp was the spear, which had grown intelligent from millennia of adoration, it saw fit to divide Inari’s single soul into two souls like divine mitosis, creating both a male and female version of herself so as to better represent the male and female aspects of bounty and fertility.
——————————
Bowing her head, the palm leaf crown shone and upon it in glowing characters was transcribed the Kantojiki, the Kitsune’s most sacred text at the time. Their ancestors, the Komonko, were summoned from their homes between the stars to welcome home their newborn goddess and warn their earthborne kin of the rise of Man.
——————————
The Kitsune reconciled with their starborne brethren, who descended on the summit of Mount Inari and with its namesake, set the plans to make their voices heard by Humans. Like every god that watched over the planet, Inari and the Komonko warned their disciples of the coming age of mankind’s dominance, of the day when they will wean themselves from the milk of divine rule and turn to their darkest urges.
——————————
Deciding to bide their time until mankind was They turned their attentions towards the light of the sun and saw to Amaterasu’s example and forged three golden swords that spun around the mountain of Inari, their blades growing eyes that looked upon every tree and yard. Inari herself left for the northern lands to preach her message to the Kitsune there.
——————————

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”