International Shoop Leage season 2!!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Winnson

International Shoop Leage season 2!!

Postby Winnson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Empty Emp wrote:I'm trying not to plan ahead. I think I shoop better when I let the event inspire me.

My site was originally going to host the game I was working on and never followed through. Then I was just going to use it as a gallery for the shoops and sprites that I've made, but I never followed through on that either.

I would definitely poster here more often if there were more Comic of Chaos type threads. I still browse your forums once in a while, but it's mostly discussion threads. Even on Sherdog, I rarely ever post in anything but shoop threads.

MORE SHOOP THREADS!

(I can't contribute, but will yell anyway because they're awesome)

MORE SHOOP THREADS!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Here are some of my staredown/trashtalk GIFS pre-Shooperbowl:

(UFC 189 the context):

Did anyone see when Rogan flipped out? lol me and my friends were laughing our asses off:

Shooperbowl goes down tonight or tomorrow morning... I am psyched. Have a good shoop, if I lose it will have to be to something really awesome (which Empty Emp is good at :D )

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 am

Today's the day! Good luck, Masato!

My shoop will definitely entertain, win or lose, but I'm not feeling as confident as I was hoping I would be. I'm not counting myself out though!

Here was my prefight staredown/bonus shoop:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:35 am

^ I JUST came to post that! lol

Its an awesome shoop. If that's your free one, I'd say you have a strong chance. You never know exactly what people will vote for though, the art can appeal to individuals in many ways. For instance if you don't know Seinfeld, that shoop will read totally different. Someone else on the board was saying how a 1-punch KO can beat a technical marvel.

Its such a crazy way to be creative, its so amazing that we've actually been able to organize real tournaments, etc

An honor to match with you, I wouldn't want anyone else in the finals, really.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:44 pm

And... WE...... ARE>........ LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolol

Fuckin SMOKIN event!!!
Come see all the masterpieces, and VOTE!!!!:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/its ... e-3032299/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 am

Hey all

Looks like I'm about to take my first loss...! Emp is running away with the votes. We were super tied for a long time, but I tuned in this morning to find him with a 15 vote lead

Mas takes 2nd place!

I couldn't have lost to a better man... Emp is producing tons of shoops these days, he's a monster in there; always out-of-the box, always, funny as hell, getting better and better.

Congrats Emp!! I won't crown ya till its over but 15 votes is a helluva lot to catch up now. Wait till its done and I'll give ya a proper congratulations

I would post his hoop here but I don't know how he posted it, lol - I can't drag it to my desktop/DL/get the url

THAT'S HOW TRICKY HE IS!!! lol

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:40 pm

I was really hoping our match would end up as a draw. We both put up championship level shoops.

And yeah, my gif was over 10 MB, so I uploaded it to gfycat, which converts gifs to videos. Here's the gif version:

I hope you eventually decide to learn After Effects. It really opens up a lot of doors. I can only imagine what you could come up with using After Effect with your level of creativity and talent.

However, since the ISL is over, I've been having a blast going back to the basics making 5 minute shoops instead of 5 hour shoops. Here's what I made for these two awesome shoop threads:

****SHOOP that Chad Mendes***: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/showthread.php?t=3029123

Do the Duffee Shoop: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/showthread.php?t=3033501

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 am

LOL! Awesomesauce!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am

^ Yay Emp!!!! lol

The voting is still open but I think its pretty much over. Its been a GREAT ride, I was hesitant to commit to the tournament but it was everything I hoped for and more

SO much fun and I couldn't have lost to a better shooper!

Was hard at first when your votes started passing me by, but the more I contemplated your shoop the more awesome I realized it was...! You have my respect good man, what a great artist u are

Hope we can have more fun in the future

I think this tournament has done a lot to bring attention to shooping and hopefully inspire others to be more creative. Its such an awesome gateway to open this up in people

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Hey all

NEXT SEASON HAS STARTED!!!

Here was my entry for the round (I got whupped, lol):

Here is the link to the rest of the shoops. It's getting CRAZY!! lol

EOW has come to destroy, lolol:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/int ... a-3095549/

the level of shoops is getting insane, I don't have time to keep up with that no more. Gonna play and have fun though regardless, maybe I'll find some gold yet :D

I'll keep yaz posted

Return to “Anarchy Zone”